My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday 31 October 2013

Pumpkin & Apple Cake

This is my darling youngest daughter!! How sweet!
I think this is more of a pudding cake, we had ours with custard.  My kids loved it and all had seconds!  

</>250g plain flour
  1. 200g sugar
  2. 2 tsp baking powder
  3. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  4. 2 tsp lemon zest
  5. 2 tsp ground ginger
  6. 1 egg yolk
  7. 500g pumpkin puree
  8. 180ml vegetable oil
  9. 3 egg whites, beaten
  10. 1 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
  11. 2 tsp caster sugar
  12. 2 tsp ground cinnamon


  1. Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Lightly grease a 23cm round cake tin.
  2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, lemon zest and ginger in a large bowl. Add the egg yolk, pumpkin puree and oil; mix until smooth. Gently stir the egg whites into the batter; pour into prepared tin. Arrange the apple slices atop the batter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment