My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Spiced Pumpkin Seeds


These are very tasty, the kids and I ate these yesterday on a freezing picnic to the zoo!

Ingredients 3 tablespoons caster sugar1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 pinch cayenne pepper
130g raw whole pumpkin seeds, washed and dried

2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1 tsp olive oil

2 t of caster sugar


Method
Vampire Boy!
  1. Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons of sugar, the cumin, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper;
  3. Place the pumpkin seeds on the prepared baking tray, sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake the seeds in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
  4. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cook and stir the seeds until the sugar forms a coating on the seeds, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the caramelised seeds into the bowl of sugar-spice mixture, toss to coat and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment