My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Beef Stew/Casserole


I am feeling a little bit of a techno geek having spent the morning at the genius bar at apple. I now know all about my iCloud, well almost! Follow me on twitter @gemmamarshall1 please!
I also managed to make a beef stew/casserole. It takes minutes to prepare but does have to cook for at least an hour. It doesn't need lots of love when cooking so put it on and you can forget about for an hour or so!



Ingredients - made enough for 3 smalls 2 grown ups!
1.5 /2 lb of stewing beef
1 onion
3 carrotts
1 leek
3 large potatoes
1 pepper yellow/Red
1 tin sweetcorn
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1.5 pints of stock
good wallop of Worcester sauce
salt pepper

Method
Chop the onion, cube the beef and fry in a large saucepan to seal the beef in some oil for a few minutes.
Chop the vegetables including potatoes into roughly the same size so they cook at the same time. Mix them into the beef and onions and stir for couple of minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stock, Worcester sauce and salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer with the lid on for at least an hour, longer if you have it! Its perfect for those days when everyone comes in and eats at different times it can stay on low cooking and not spoil!

No comments:

Post a Comment