My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 23 September 2013

Cheese Scones


Do you  ever find no matter how early you get up theres never enough time?  I'm up so early, but by the time I've dressed 4 kids, myself and fed everyone, I'm late.  I ask the kids to help with something only to find 10 minutes later they've not done it.  I literally have to chase and round them up (some times I get a little hysterical) whilst shouting have you got bag, drink, dance kit, coats....try this recipe its great to take on the school collection my kids always come out staarrvvviing!

Ingredients
Cheese Scones Makes 8
175 g / 6 oz Self Raising Flour
pinch salt and pepper
25g / 1oz margarine
75 g /3 oz cheese, grated
1 medium egg
2 tbsp milk

Method
Heat oven to 220ºC, Gas Mark 7.
Grease a baking tray. Mix flour and seasonings, rub in margarine.
Stir in cheese, reserving a little for the top.
Mix to a soft dough with the egg and milk, reserving a little for glazing.
Roll out to a round 1.5 cm (½ inch) in thickness and cut into 8 with a 6cm wide cookie cutter.
Place on the baking tray and brush with egg and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Sports Huevos Egg moulder

    ReplyDelete