My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 21 October 2013

Home Made Custard

As the weather turns cold its time for puddings and hot custard!  Its so easy to make your own custard and so quick.  Show off today and make your own custard!  It tastes better than any of the supermarkets "posh" versions, trust me.  Give it a go and let me know what you think?


/a>
Ingredients
  • This is the gang that I've been making all this yummy custard for!
  • this girl loves to eat!

  • 1 pint milk 
    55ml/2fl oz single cream
    1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract
    4 eggs, yolks only
    1oz caster sugar
    2 level tsp cornflour

    Method
    Bring the milk, cream over a low heat.
    Remove the vanilla seeds from the pod. With a knife cut the pod in half length ways and then scrape the seeds out and add the the milk (put the vanilla pod in jar with caster sugar to make vanilla sugar).
    Whisk the yolks, sugar and cornflour together in a bowl until smooth.
    Pour the hot milk and cream on to the eggs and sugar, whisking all the time.
    Return to the pan, (add vanilla extract if using) and over a low heat gently stir with a wooden spoon until thickened.
  • Pour the custard into a jug and serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment