My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Chicken Noodle Stir-fry



I'm now 36 weeks pregnant, today 10 days before Christmas we have started our kitchen extension. I must be mad! Or brain washed by my even more loony husband! But I am really excited about having a new kitchen and I really can't wait to use my professional tap!!!

Chicken stir-fry is quick, tasty, healthy, and looks great with a rainbow full of colours. The girls love it so I'm sure yours will! Makes 2 Adults, 2 Toddlers.

Ingredients ( These are the vegetables I used but use whatever you and your family love!)
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 2 carrots
  • 8/10 mushrooms
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • 150g mangetout (a really good handful!)
  • 180g egg noodles
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce (If you like more add it after as it quite salty for the children!)

Method

  1. Slice all the vegetables into the same length and width roughly so they cook at the same time.
  2. Slice the chicken into bite size strips.
  3. Fry the chicken in the oil until nearly cooked in a wok or big frying pan.
  4. Add the vegetables and stir all the time on a high heat don't let it brown.
  5. Meanwhile cook the noodles in boiling water for about 4 minutes drain and mix the noodles into the chicken and vegetables. Add the soy sauce and stir well until all coated. Serve! Dinner in less than 10 minutes wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment