My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 9 July 2012

Girls Princess Birthday Cake

/a>


                                                                                         

















                                                                                                    Yesterday was my daughters Merina and Tallulah joint 3rd and 5th birthday party.
It rained (thanks to this great British summer!) so I had 25 children plus parents in my house!  It went really well and was surprisingly calm.
I made this cake Fabulously girly Princess May Pole cake!  I've had so many compliments on it I'm thinking of starting to make them for children's parties!?

Here's the classic Victoria sponge mix which I did for both cakes sandwiched with butter cream and jam.



Ingredients:
4oz / 120g butter
4oz / 120g white sugar
4oz / 120g self raising flour
2 eggs


Method:
Preheat the oven to 180 c and grease cake tins.
Cream the butter and sugar together until it is pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes its easier and quicker with a electric mixer)
Mix in the eggs
Mix in the flour
Pour the mixture to whatever you’re making and bake for 20 Min's until golden brown  (If your not sure if its cooked then poke a sewer into middle of cake if it comes out clean its cooked if not pop it back for 5 Min's)

turn out and leave to cool.
Sandwich with butter cream and jam. Done! Decorate as you fancy look what I did to mine!

2 comments:

  1. So adorable Girls Princess Birthday Cake it is. I loved how it turned out. My daughter’s 5th birthday is coming and she also wants a princess party. I will be hosting her party at the garden inspired New York Event Venues. We really can’t wait for her special day!

    ReplyDelete