My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Pesto and Tomato Tart



Ive been so busy with weddings, Parties, Christenings and I still have a ball to go!
River has been Christened last week, it was lovely.  I had so much fun here are a few pictures.

I made this quick tea up the other day.   Its so tasty quick and looks so pretty!  You have to give it ago its a family winner.

1 packet puff pastry
1/2 pint passata
6 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
3. 5 oz pesto sauce
olive oil
fresh basil

Preheat oven to 200c
Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface to 1/2cm thick
Cut out six rounds using small bowl or saucer
crimp edges of rounds with fork to look pretty and prick each round with fork and cook for 5 Min's on a baking tray.
Remove from oven and spread each round over with the passata, lay the tomato halves face down on each round.
Blob lots of pesto in the gaps between tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and return to oven for 10 Min's until golden brown. serve with torn up basil leaves on. Delicious!!  Perfect tea or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment