My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 29 November 2010

Spaghetti Bolognese

I've just ordered 2 sledges yippee! I'm just hoping that when it snows properly I've given birth (Now 34 weeks) so I can join in, its no fun watching!

Today Merina, Tallulah and I had our friends round for an afternoon of playing and making Christmas decorations, although by the end of it the toy room looked like it had been burgled I suppose that's not bad going for five toddlers!


Spaghetti Bolognese is family favourite all across the land! Its easy, healthy and quick.



Ingredients
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 garlic clove crushed
  • 500 g minced beef
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree
  • About 3 oz water I 1/3 fill the empty tin of tomatoes and add it!
  • Herbs - Rosemary, thyme
  • As much spaghetti as you eat! we eat nearly a whole packet!

Method

  1. Fry the mince in a large frying/sauce pan until brown I always drain the fat off.
  2. Add the onion and garlic to the mince and cook until softened.
  3. Add the tomatoes, puree, water and herbs mix well.
  4. Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. If you have lots of time it can cook for hours my Grandmother was Italian and cooked her Bolognese for hours and left it over
    night for a fuller flavour! So its up to you!
  5. Cook spaghetti in boiling water for around 7 minutes. Serve with grated cheese. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Tallulah look like an all American baby girl -

    ReplyDelete