My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Fish Soap in a bag party favour



Summer for us is always hectic with weddings, holidays, Christenings and my two eldest daughters birthdays are within a week of each.  This year is extra exciting as my daughters are bridesmaids at my best friends wedding!

I have made these party favours for my Daughters 6th swimming pool birthday party.



They look so sweet and were fun to make!  No swimming or circus themed party is complete without them.



What you need
Crystal melt/pour soap (ebay does it)
Plastic gold fish (ebay does them)
Polythene Plastic bags (I got mine in hobby craft)
Ribbon to tie
A funnel to pour melted soap through
Chopstick or skewer to hold the fish in place while soap hardens
A bowl with ice in to help cool and harden the soap quickly.





Method
Cube the soap into small cubes.
Put in a microwavable bowl.
Microwave on high until the soap has melted but do not let it boil (it can make the soap go grey in colour)
Once the soap is melted, pour using the funnel into one of the bags.  I melted enough soap to make 3 at a time.
Drop in a 'gold fish' and push it down into the melted soap. Also make sure its the right way round using the chopstick to help or your fish could look dead!!
Put the bag with soap and fish in into the ice bowl to help set and harden the soap.
Peg up the bag to let it completely set in place.
When the soap has cooled and hardened tie with pretty ribbon.
Surly this one of the best party bag favours ever!!

1 comment: