Happy Friday! I'm in a super good mood and really looking forward to great weekend! This morning I knew Merina was feeling better when she was really rude to me and demanded croissants for breakfast -when I dared to tell her I didn't have any she bellowed I could go to the shop! When do you start becoming slave to a mini person!?On to Chicken Nuggets (home made!) are one of my favourite dinners for the girls, they love them and its easy to cook! Glen (Husband) also loves them, so sometimes we all eat them!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 big tbsp of natural/Greek yogurt
- 2 bid tbsp cream cheese (Phili!)
- 4 slices of white bread blended into bread crumbs (today I used up left over french stick!)
- 3 potatoes pealed and cut into wedges
- Cut the chicken into thin slices about 3 cm across, I sometimes butterfly the chicken if its to thick so it cooks quickly.
- Spoon the yogurt and and cream cheese into a bowl and mix and then stir in the chicken pieces and leave it to marinate for as long as possible (It really tenderises the meat)
- Blend the bread into breadcrumbs and then dip/roll the yogurt coated chicken into the bread crumbs until covered.
- Fry the nuggets on a medium heat in the oil until golden on both sides about 2/3 minutes per side. Two chicken breasts usually makes about 10 nuggets so I cook enough for the girls tea and then freeze the rest uncooked. This way I can defrost and freshly cook them another day!
- Meanwhile sprinkle a little oil over the potato wedges and cook the wedges in the oven at 180 c/Gas 5 for 25/30 minutes until golden.
- Serve with your favourite Vegetables or as I do with Ketchup!