My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday 11 November 2010

Oaty fruity cookies!


I'm still lucky enough to do some modeling work only now its for maternity clothes! About 3 weeks ago I shot the cover and Christmas fashion for Pregnancy & Birth Magazine (Out the end of this month!) and they have re-booked me for a shoot next Wednesday! I use to think nothing of a days shoot. I remember being annoyed at having to sit so still while someone does your hair and makeup but now I can't wait! A day where I'll be make to look glamorous and groomed! Back to mother hood......today I made these yummy cookies they take minutes taste great but they are defiantly not very modely but thats the joy of maternity modelling - no breathing in required! Makes about 8/10 depends on how big you make each cookie!!

Ingredients
  • 6 oz butter
  • 6 oz sugar
  • 2 oz oats
  • 2 sultanas or any dried fruit you like
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 6 oz flour
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Method

  1. Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg yolk.
  2. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda into mixture and mix well.
  3. Finally add the oats and sultanas and combine together.
  4. Spoon out the mixture on to a greased baking tray (I always use baking paper sheets so easy and no mess!) and flatten them out with the back of a spoon.
  5. Bake at 190/Gas 5 for 8/10 minutes until golden brown. Yummy with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment