I'm still lucky enough to do some modeling work only now its for maternity clothes! About 3 weeks ago I shot the cover and Christmas fashion for Pregnancy & Birth Magazine (Out the end of this month!) and they have re-booked me for a shoot next Wednesday! I use to think nothing of a days shoot. I remember being annoyed at having to sit so still while someone does your hair and makeup but now I can't wait! A day where I'll be make to look glamorous and groomed! Back to mother hood......today I made these yummy cookies they take minutes taste great but they are defiantly not very modely but thats the joy of maternity modelling - no breathing in required! Makes about 8/10 depends on how big you make each cookie!!
- 6 oz butter
- 6 oz sugar
- 2 oz oats
- 2 sultanas or any dried fruit you like
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 oz flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg yolk.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda into mixture and mix well.
- Finally add the oats and sultanas and combine together.
- Spoon out the mixture on to a greased baking tray (I always use baking paper sheets so easy and no mess!) and flatten them out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 190/Gas 5 for 8/10 minutes until golden brown. Yummy with a cup of tea!