I've got cabin fever badly, Merina has been poorly and we have stayed in now for 3 days straight! Lula who is not ill has taken to wrecking badly (her nickname is mini wrecker) She has had my pots and pans out, been in my filling cabinet pulling papers out, she ended it with a little wash in the dogs water bowl! Somehow I've managed to make a Lasagne which has gone down a treat with my brood! I know a good short cut to make lasagne quicker and it tastes just as good!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Herbs - Rosemary, oregano
- Lasagne sheets
- You can replace a traditional white sauce with one 500 g tub of Creme Fraiche and some grated cheese. Easy and tastes just as good!
Or for the traditional white sauce you will need
- 1 pint milk
- 75 g flour
- a good knob butter
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- Fry the mince until brown, I always drain the fat off. Add the onion and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, puree and herbs. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- For the white sauce (if not using Creme fraiche instead) in another pan add the milk and flour and whisk on a high heat until thickened then add butter and remove from the heat. Mix in about 75 g of the grated cheese and stir until melted. Set aside.
- The lasagne needs to be layered in a lasagne dish. I always do; meat sauce, pasta sheets, white sauce and repeat once! Sprinkle the remainder of cheese on the top.
- Cook at 180 c for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve on its own or with a green salad.