My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 15 November 2010

My Brothers Courgette Pasta

True tiredness is something you can only know after having children, the part where you think will I ever sleep again? Lay in or wake up of my own accord? Last night Lula developed the worst cough. She coughed, she cried at 3.30am I still hadn't been to sleep. Glen at this point decided to self preserve, upped and went to the back of the house leaving me to worry over Lula. (How come men can always do this?!) I have everything crossed for a nights sleep tonight!
My brother (Ross) showed me this pasta dish a few years ago its so simple, easy and tastes great! I make enough for dinner and save some for the girls tea the next day.

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 garlic clove crushed
  • 3 courgettes
  • 150 ml single cream
  • 75 g Parmesan or strong cheese
  • As much spaghetti as you like to eat!

Method

  1. The courgettes need to be sliced into long ribbon stripes. I do this by slicing the courgettes with a cheese slice length ways. You will end up with lots of long ribbon style lengths of courgette.
  2. Cook down the courgette ribbon stripes in a large pan over a medium heat in the oil and garlic for 10 minutes.
  3. Stir and melt in the cheese. Finally add the cream and mix until it all comes together.
  4. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti. Then mix the sauce in with spaghetti and serve. Easy and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment