My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Victoria Sponge Cake (Daddy's Birthday Cake!)



Today is Glen's Birthday! The girls and I have been busy all day baking, gluing and sticking various things ready for his Birthday tea!
Victoria sponge cake is a great Birthday cake as its so easy to make its a very tasty afternoon tea cake! Optional decoration of the football team, reindeer and mickey mouse (Merina's addition!)

Ingredients

  • 6 0z self raising flour
  • 6 oz caster sugar
  • 6 oz butter
  • 3 eggs

Method

  1. I make this as a mix in one cake! Add the flour, sugar, butter and eggs to a bowl mix really well until it makes a smooth mix.
  2. Pour the mixture into 2 round cake baking tins (you can use one tin but be prepared to cut the cake in half!) Make sure the tin is well greased and lined at the bottom with grease proof paper.
  3. Cook for 25 minutes at 180 c / Gas 4. Test with skewer if any cake mix comes out on it pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
  4. Sandwich together with whipped double cream and strawberry jam! Yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. glad to note that the family trait of
    'one can never embellish to much' is still strong through the generations!! save me a slice for tomorrow please! xxx

    ReplyDelete