My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Home Made Pesto With Spaghetti

So its 18 days left to Christmas, where has the time gone? Today I went to
Tesco and it was hell, people turn into panic buying monsters this time of year, I saw one women with two trolleys whats that about?!
I've added some pictures of us at Gulliver's Land from the other week, Glen looks more frightened than Merina and I spent the day trying to hide my belly so I could go on the rides! Happy times!

Pesto spaghetti is so easy, takes minutes to make is really tasty and its all home made! Serves 2 adults 2 toddlers.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 oz chopped fresh basil
  • 2 tbsp pine nuts
  • 2/3 oz Parmesan cheese
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • As much spaghetti as you eat!

Method

  1. Fry the pine nuts in 1 tbsp of oil for 30 seconds until going golden.
  2. Blend the golden pine nuts with the basil, garlic and remaining oil until smooth and all combined.
  3. Spoon the pesto into a bowl and mix in the grated cheese well.
  4. Cook the spaghetti, drain then mix in the pesto and serve immediately. I always with garlic bread. That's a meal in minutes. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment