Who said summer was over? Its been amazing weather, hottest of the summer so I've heard! Today we have been swimming and my darling baby River swam for ages...maybe its in the name!
My vegetable growing skills are bad to poor but I love to give it ago. I can't grow things that need to much love (as I'm already giving it all to my babies!) Courgettes just grow no fuss needed and so it seems do carrots! The girls loved pulling the carrots up! Not bad eh?
So I've made courgette pasta with my bounty. It looked so lovely with the green and yellow courgettes... give a go, growing them or cooking with them! Enough for 3 children
- enough pasta cooked I used pasta that looks like bow ties!
- 1 onion cooked
- 2 courgettes 1 green 1 yellow
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- tomato puree
- fry onion off for 3/4 Min's add garlic .
- add courgette and cook for a further 5 Min's until soft on medium heat.
- add tin of tomatoes and tomato puree and simmer on a low heat for 10 Min's.
- serve with pasta and top with grated cheese. Such a colourful pretty dish my girls loved it even more as they had picked the courgettes!