My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Meringue Ghosts



Meringue Ghosts

These are perfect for Halloween parties.  My children loved making them and scaring each other with them!  They are super easy to make, give them a go.  They also store really well in in airtight container so you can make them in advance of your Halloween party.

Ingredients
3 eggs whites
6-oz/140g caster sugar
Half tsp. cream of tartar
Writing icing for the eyes and mouth   

Method
Heat oven to 100c.
Whisk eggs whites until almost fluffy, add the cream of tartar.  Start adding the sugar 2 tbsp. at a time.  Adding the sugar slowly, whisking each time helps the sugar melt and the meringue be light and fluffy.
Pipe the meringue in a circular shape to form the ghost on a lined baking tray with baking paper.
Cook for 1.5/2 hrs. until they lift cleanly and easily off baking paper.
Cool and ice on eyes and mouth. Wooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment