My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 16 November 2012

American Breakfast Pancakes


I'm now 19 weeks pregnant.  I have bought a vintage silver cross pram for £60 which is in need of some serious refurbishment.  It will look beautiful!  As this is my last baby I want to do everything I didn't get the chance to do with the others when they were babies.  A vintage pram is something I've always eyed with jealously!!

This is the best breakfast ever.  Who doesn't like a big fat American pancake, you will be surprised how easy they are to make.
Make it this weekend and you not regret it!

Ingredients
3 eggs
4oz plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
5fl oz milk
pinch of salt
1 sliced banana, a good handful of blueberries and the same of chocolate chips

Method
Separate the eggs in two bowls.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff making white peaks.
In the other bowl mix the yolks, flour, baking powder and salt in to a batter
Carefully mix the batter into the egg whites trying not to mix out all the air.
In a large frying pan heat some oil.  I cook 2/3 pancakes at one time, I think these pancakes are great when small and deep!
While the first side is cooking about 30/40 seconds quickly sprinkle on your topping to the uncooked side using the sliced Bananas, blue berries or chocolate chips you could do a combo!
Carefully turn and cook for a further 30/40 seconds, until golden brown.
Serve with Syrup.
Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment