My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday 14 October 2010

Simple Tasty Yummy Fish Pie





Serves 4 Adults, or 2 Adults, 4 Toddler portions. This dish is full of Omega 3 which is essential for brain development. My girls love it!

Ingredients

  • 6/7 Medium potatoes pealed chopped - Ready to boil

  • 4 Fish Fillets (2 Salmon 2 Haddock, I like to make 2 Salmon for flavour, texture and colour)

  • 3/4 Pint Milk

  • 1/2 Pint Water

  • 2 oz Plain Flour

  • 2 oz Butter/Marg

  • 4 oz Grated Cheddar Cheese (save 1 oz for sprinkling on top of pie)

  • Grating Of Nutmeg

Method


  1. Boil potatoes until soft - mash with knob of butter. Set aside.

  2. Poach fish fillets in mixed 1/2 pint of water and 1/2 pint of milk (I use a frying pan) until flaky and cooked - about 10 minutes.

  3. Remove fish leave to cool for 5 minutes. Leave cooking/poaching stock in pan. Flake fish into pie dish removing skin (I use a Lasagne dish)

  4. Add remaining milk, butter, and flour to the poaching pan. Whisk none stop on a medium heat until its a thickened smooth sauce. Add grated cheese and Nutmeg until melted.

  5. Add cheesy white sauce to the pie dish and mix with the fish. I make it quite saucy - I find that most children prefer this!

  6. Spoon the mash over the top of fish and sauce base and fork into pretty pattern!

  7. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.

  8. Cook for 25/30 minutes at 180 c until golden brown.

Serve on its own or with your favourite veg. I always save 2 children's portions for the next day or freeze 2. Happy cooking!







No comments:

Post a Comment