Since its turned colder and I've started buying porridge oats I can not stop making flapjacks! Merina and Tallulah love helping and its quick easy peasy fun! They are a great homemade snack and good for lunch boxes. Makes about 8 flapjacks. You will need a 8" shallow round tin or something around this size!
- 2 oz Butter/Marg
- 1 big tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 1/2 oz brown or caster Sugar
- 4 oz rolled oats
- Melt butter, syrup, sugar on medium heat until melted.
- Add oats and mix well until all covered in mixture
- Press mixture into tin until smooth
- Cook at 180 c/Gas mark 4 for 20/25 minutes. Cut while still warm and in tin and turn out whilst still warmish!
If you fancy you could add raisins or apricots or even chocolate drops when you mix in the oats. The possibilities are endless! Yummy Yummy!