My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 15 October 2010

Weekend Flapjacks


Since its turned colder and I've started buying porridge oats I can not stop making flapjacks! Merina and Tallulah love helping and its quick easy peasy fun! They are a great homemade snack and good for lunch boxes. Makes about 8 flapjacks. You will need a 8" shallow round tin or something around this size!

Ingredients
  • 2 oz Butter/Marg
  • 1 big tbsp Golden Syrup
  • 2 1/2 oz brown or caster Sugar
  • 4 oz rolled oats

Method

  1. Melt butter, syrup, sugar on medium heat until melted.
  2. Add oats and mix well until all covered in mixture
  3. Press mixture into tin until smooth
  4. Cook at 180 c/Gas mark 4 for 20/25 minutes. Cut while still warm and in tin and turn out whilst still warmish!

If you fancy you could add raisins or apricots or even chocolate drops when you mix in the oats. The possibilities are endless! Yummy Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment