OK so its not slimming but its cold outside, I'm nearly 7 months pregnant and both girls have been poorly all week, its damn tasty warming comfort food!! This serves 6 hungry people!
- 3 Pears
- 6 slices of white bread buttered on one side.
- 1 pint of milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 3 oz sultanas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of ground cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Peal and slice the pears and cook until softened with 1 oz sugar.
- Cut each piece of buttered bread into 4 triangles. Lay the first row of triangles one way over lapping in a 8" square oven prof dish (I use a lasagne dish!) Pour over the softened pears spreading them out.
- Lay the 2nd row of triangle bread in the opposite direction.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, remaining sugar and vanilla essence together in a bowl. Pour half this custard mixture over the bread. Wait for 5 minutes until its been soaked up.
- Pour over the remaining custard mix. Sprinkle over the sultanas. Finally sprinkle over the ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook at 180 c/Gas 4 for 25 minutes, don't worry if the custard in the middle has not completely set I quite like this!