My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 5 March 2012

Bread Roll Animals!


One week this Wednesday its my first toddler cooking class! I'm a little nervous, excited and looking forward to getting one under my belt!

Merina my eldest daughter has her first ballet exam in 3 weeks. It will be a miracle if she's passes. She is as uncoordinated as me (I'm still not entirely sure which way is left) and she has the attention span of a fruit fly!
Ive had Tallulah my middle babies pre-school report, she's a star. Its so lovely to be
told how helpful, able to share, able to listen and concentrate she is having had Merina first this is a first for me! Merina was the opposite to all of these things!!

Bread is so much tastier home made plus you know whats in it. Make it - you'll feel ridiculously smug!



Ingredients
500g strong white bread flour
1 oz butter
1 tsp salt
1 and a half tsp fast action yeast
300ml warm water
2 tsp of sugar makes a thicker crust I never add it, my kids don't like a crust!

Method
In a large bowl mix together the flour (Sugar if using) and salt, rub in butter and stir in yeast.
Mix in water stir into a soft dough.
Kneed with your hands on a floured surface for 10/15 minutes.
Put the dough back into bowl cover with cling film put in a warm place a leave to double in size 1.5 / 2 hrs.
Uncover and bake for 30/35 mins at 220 c
OR get your kids to turn the dough into fun shapes/animals.
We made snakes, crocodiles and hedgehog.
Use raisins for the eyes. Scissors to snip the hedgehogs spikes. Use a knife score the dough for the crocodiles scales. (look at my pictures)
Glaze with a beaten egg. This makes the animals look shiny and really great when cooked!
Bake for 10/12 mins at 220 c
Have fun what else could you make?!

No comments:

Post a Comment