My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 12 March 2012

Home Made Pizza

Spring is springing I think! We have had lovely weather over the weekend its so nice to be outside it makes such a difference with children.

Its my first cooking toddler class this Wednesday 11 til 12 if you live near Woburn Sands - come with your smalls!

So this recipe really follows on from last weeks bread one its the same dough recipe for the pizza base plus what ever toppings you fancy. I like to make the dough and after its risen use half for pizzas and half to make a small loaf! Smugness factor 11/10!! Here are some good ones;










Ingredients
Use risen dough mixture from my last blog!
For the tomato sauce I mix together tomato passata and puree with a little olive oil
Toppings
grated cheese
dried oregano
sliced ham
sliced mushrooms
peppers
peperoni or chorizo
capers
when the pizza is out of the oven you can add fresh rocket or basil leaves
Obviously not all these toppings at once Ha!

Method
For the base either roll it out or kneed/push into shape with your hands - as you can see mine are not round!
spread on tomato base and add toppings as you like - I like to get the children to add which toppings they fancy! Can also this work well for a lunch or casual party everyone creates there own topping!

Cook hot 250 c or as hot as your oven goes for 8/10 minutes on a baking tray heat up your baking tray first to get a cooked firm base no one likes a soggy pizza base! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment