My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 7 January 2013

Pizza Home made


Christmas was busy, fun, tiring and sober!  I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I can't wait for the end - I can't bend down properly anymore and I've been struggling to put socks on easily!
Father Christmas knows I'm always a really good girl so I'm now the proud owner of a Kitchenaid blender and cake mixer whoop whoop!! They are so pretty and useful!
My friend asked me for this recipe last week its perfect for the whole family.  Get the kids involved they will love it!















Ingredients for the dough
500g strong white bread flour
1 oz butter
1 tsp salt
1 and a half tsp fast action yeast
300ml warm water

Method for the dough
In a large bowl mix together the flour and salt, rub in butter and stir in yeast.
Mix in water stir into a soft dough.
Kneed with your hands on a floured surface for 10/15 minutes.
Put the dough back into bowl cover with cling film put in a warm place a leave to double in size 1.5 / 2 hrs.


Ingredients for Pizza
Use risen dough mixture 
For the tomato sauce I mix together tomato passata and puree with a little olive oil
Toppings
grated cheese
dried oregano
sliced ham
sliced mushrooms
peppers
peperoni or chorizo
capers
when the pizza is out of the oven you can add fresh rocket or basil leaves
Obviously not all these toppings at once Ha!

Method
For the base either roll it out or kneed/push into shape with your hands - as you can see mine are not round!
spread on tomato base and add toppings as you like - I like to get the children to add which toppings they fancy! Can also this work well for a lunch or casual party everyone creates there own topping!

Cook hot 250 c or as hot as your oven goes for 8/10 minutes on a baking tray heat up your baking tray first to get a cooked firm base no one likes a soggy pizza base! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment