My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 5 November 2010

Chicken & Mushroom Risotto







I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and super tired, massive and struggle to bend down! My midwife says rest, yeah right hows that with a three year old and a 16 month old to run around after!?! Merina goes to ballet class every Friday, when asked whats shes learnt she dances around like a fairy elephant, I think she gets it from me I've always been able to dance with such grace and beauty! During ballet class lula and I go for coffee today I got chatting to someone who told me she could sex my baby by looking at my feet! She had a good look and said its a girl! UUmmmm at scans I've been told its a boy, so I hope shes wrong, I've bought a lot of blue things now! This makes 4 portions, 2 adults, 2 toddlers. I aways use left over brown meat from a roast chicken.

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 onion diced
  • 100 g left over chicken
  • 1 crushed garlic clove
  • 4/5 mushrooms
  • Herbs - parsley
  • Hot chicken stock - 1.2 litres
  • 300 g risotto rice
  • 75 g Parmesan or strong cheddar cheese

Method

  1. Saute onions and garlic in the oil for a few minutes until softened.
  2. Add the chicken, mushrooms and herbs and cook stirring for 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir until coated in the oil for 3 minutes.
  3. Start adding the stock one ladle at a time. Stir until each ladle is absorbed and repeat until all stock has been used up. Try it just to make sure its cooked if its not add more stock!
  4. Sprinkle over cheese and mix it in until melted. Serve with bread and a green salad. Fantastic tasting and super cheap!

1 comment: