I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and super tired, massive and struggle to bend down! My midwife says rest, yeah right hows that with a three year old and a 16 month old to run around after!?! Merina goes to ballet class every Friday, when asked whats shes learnt she dances around like a fairy elephant, I think she gets it from me I've always been able to dance with such grace and beauty! During ballet class lula and I go for coffee today I got chatting to someone who told me she could sex my baby by looking at my feet! She had a good look and said its a girl! UUmmmm at scans I've been told its a boy, so I hope shes wrong, I've bought a lot of blue things now! This makes 4 portions, 2 adults, 2 toddlers. I aways use left over brown meat from a roast chicken.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 100 g left over chicken
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4/5 mushrooms
- Herbs - parsley
- Hot chicken stock - 1.2 litres
- 300 g risotto rice
- 75 g Parmesan or strong cheddar cheese
- Saute onions and garlic in the oil for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms and herbs and cook stirring for 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir until coated in the oil for 3 minutes.
- Start adding the stock one ladle at a time. Stir until each ladle is absorbed and repeat until all stock has been used up. Try it just to make sure its cooked if its not add more stock!
- Sprinkle over cheese and mix it in until melted. Serve with bread and a green salad. Fantastic tasting and super cheap!