This is one of my family favourite weekend breakfasts. Its great for when you all have a bit more time to relax together, its super tasty, quick and beats a boring breakfast any day of the week! Makes 4 portions.
- 4 medium/large sized tomatoes
- A good handful of spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 pieces of bread to be toasted
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 c/Gas mark 4. Hollow out the tomatoes using a teaspoon and put them on a baking tray.
- The spinach has to be wilted. I microwave it on full power in a covered bowl for 1 minute. But you could steam it or flash boil it for a few seconds.
- Add wilted spinach to hollowed out tomatoes. Crack one egg in each tomato - my girls love to do this bit!
- Cook for 13/15 minutes in the oven until egg whites look set but can still be dipped into with toast! Make sure you have the bread toasted and buttered in time to dip into tomatoes! Yum Yum!