My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunday 17 October 2010

Tomatoe Dippy Breakfast Eggs


This is one of my family favourite weekend breakfasts. Its great for when you all have a bit more time to relax together, its super tasty, quick and beats a boring breakfast any day of the week! Makes 4 portions.

Ingredients
  • 4 medium/large sized tomatoes
  • A good handful of spinach
  • 4 medium eggs
  • 4 pieces of bread to be toasted
Method
  1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 c/Gas mark 4. Hollow out the tomatoes using a teaspoon and put them on a baking tray.
  2. The spinach has to be wilted. I microwave it on full power in a covered bowl for 1 minute. But you could steam it or flash boil it for a few seconds.
  3. Add wilted spinach to hollowed out tomatoes. Crack one egg in each tomato - my girls love to do this bit!
  4. Cook for 13/15 minutes in the oven until egg whites look set but can still be dipped into with toast! Make sure you have the bread toasted and buttered in time to dip into tomatoes! Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment