My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Toddler Friendly Chicken Curry!



Merina went to pre-school this morning so I took Tallulah to a club-Music Box, she runs round like mad more interested in the other toddlers and eating raisins than the singing bit! She also at some point turned off my freezer, half the food in it has thawed-don't you just love the in to it all stage! Today I've made a child friendly chicken curry. Its not hot but still tasty the girls love it especially if I let them have poppadoms with it! This makes enough for 4 - 2 adults, 2 children.

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 onion
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 garlic glove crushed
  • 1 tbsp curry paste
  • 1 tin tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1 tbsp mango chutney
  • 6/7 mushrooms (you can also or instead add peas, sweet potatoes, peppers)
  • 2 tbsp natural yogurt (add more to the children's and less to yours if you prefer more spice!)
  • Basmati rice enough for all!

Method

  1. Dice the onion and chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
  2. Cook chicken for five minutes until the outside is not pink. Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms cook for a further five minutes.
  3. Stir in the curry paste and stir/cook until all the chicken is coated in the paste.
  4. Add tomatoes, puree and chutney and simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
  5. The curry needs to have been off the heat for a few minutes before you stir in the yogurt or it can curdle. Mix in as little or as much as you like.
  6. Serve with basmati rice and poppadoms your children with love dipping them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment