My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Macaroni Cheese




Today I've been swimming with Merina for her weekly swimming lesson, she definitely has the hang of it she spends most of the lesson swimming off, with me begging her to swim back! This afternoon was far more relaxing my sister-in-law Camilla came to visit and we went baby clothes shopping and for coffee- how lovely. I love girlie afternoons! Which brings me to Macaroni cheese! When I returned from the shops Merina asked for it for her tea- perfect, its so quick and easy!

Ingredients
  • 300g Macaroni (Any small pasta your children like!)
  • 4 bacon rashers ( I sometimes use ham if I don't have bacon and its fine)
  • 50 g butter/marg
  • 50 g flour
  • 1 litre milk
  • 125 g grated cheddar cheese
  • 2 sliced tomatoes for the topping

Method

  1. Cook the pasta in a large pan until almost soft.
  2. Fry bacon until golden. Set aside.
  3. In another large saucepan add the milk and melt in the butter on a medium heat then whisk in flour until smooth and thick about 5 minutes. At this point add the grated cheese (save one small handful of cheese to add to the top later) and whisk until completely melted add the bacon or ham now.
  4. Combine the pasta and bacon, cheese sauce now and transfer to a baking dish. Top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and grill until golden. This is a family favourite with children and adults and its so easy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment