I'm all Halloweened out! Today was teacher training at Merina's pre-school and it feels like the never ending half term! We had a really lovely day and made some delicious minestrone soup - I could eat gallons of this! My Mum used to make it for Ross (my Brother) and I as children and it takes me right back to my childhood its a real goody!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bacon Rashers chopped
- 2 leeks chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 big handful of pasta I used tiny shells but add what you like as long as its small!
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Herbs - Oregano, rosemary
- 3/4 pint water
- Chop and prepare all vegetables, cut them all quite small and roughly the same size-ish so it cooks at the same time.
- Add the Bacon and oil to large pan and cook until golden brown.
- Add all the vegetables and garlic to the same large pan a cook vegetables until softened about 10/15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, puree, water and herbs to the pan and cook for 20 minutes stirring every now and then.
- Finally add the pasta, in mine the tiny shells and cook until they are soft about seven more minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and warm crusty buttered bread! A winter lunch doesn't get better than this! Yum Yum!!