Aaaahhh the girls are in bed and boy am I glad! Running around after those two all day is a killer! This afternoon the girls and I met some of mine and Merina's friends to paint pottery for Christmas presents. Taking two toddlers in a pottery shop who don't sit down on a Friday afternoon is my idea of extreme sports for the day! But out of 7 toddlers none of them smashed anything!
Before going out I made this chicken stew. Its got everything I had in my fridge in it! Its so easy you can make it early and keep in the fridge so its ready for you! This makes enough for 2 adults and 2 toddlers!
Ingredient's - These are the vegetables I used today but use whatever your family love. It works with anything.
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots pealed and chopped
- 1 aubergine sliced
- 3 medium potatoes diced I didn't peal them
- 2 peppers sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 3 chicken breasts
- Pre-heat oven to 180 c /Gas 5
- Once all your vegetables are sliced and diced put them in a casserole oven prof dish.
- Put the chicken pieces in the middle of the vegetables and pour over the chicken stock, ensuring that the stock covers the chicken.
- Cook for 45/60 minutes at 180 c with a lid on it. You can turn it down and cook it for longer. Its a dish that can be slow cooked or cooked, cooled and stored in the fridge for later!
- Serve on its own or with crusty bread to mop up! Yummy!