My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 19 November 2010

Lazy Chicken Stew!


Aaaahhh the girls are in bed and boy am I glad! Running around after those two all day is a killer! This afternoon the girls and I met some of mine and Merina's friends to paint pottery for Christmas presents. Taking two toddlers in a pottery shop who don't sit down on a Friday afternoon is my idea of extreme sports for the day! But out of 7 toddlers none of them smashed anything!

Before going out I made this chicken stew. Its got everything I had in my fridge in it! Its so easy you can make it early and keep in the fridge so its ready for you! This makes enough for 2 adults and 2 toddlers!

Ingredient's - These are the vegetables I used today but use whatever your family love. It works with anything.
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 carrots pealed and chopped
  • 1 aubergine sliced
  • 3 medium potatoes diced I didn't peal them
  • 2 peppers sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves crushed
  • 1 pint chicken stock
  • 3 chicken breasts

Method

  1. Pre-heat oven to 180 c /Gas 5
  2. Once all your vegetables are sliced and diced put them in a casserole oven prof dish.
  3. Put the chicken pieces in the middle of the vegetables and pour over the chicken stock, ensuring that the stock covers the chicken.
  4. Cook for 45/60 minutes at 180 c with a lid on it. You can turn it down and cook it for longer. Its a dish that can be slow cooked or cooked, cooled and stored in the fridge for later!
  5. Serve on its own or with crusty bread to mop up! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment