I have just finished wrestling a massive real Christmas tree in the house and now have no energy left to decorate it! Merina and I have been licking and sticking paper chains to decorate with all morning she did about six and then told me she was bored which only leaves me about four hundred to do on my own - theirs me thinking this would be fun.......!
This morning I made pancakes, these aren't the ordinary ones these are great for breakfast with syrup all over them. A bit like American diner style pancakes!
- 3/4 tbsp oil for frying them
- 3 eggs separated yolk and white into different bowls
- 4 oz flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 oz milk
- 1 banana sliced, a good handful blueberries
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into different bowls
- Whisk the egg whites until white and stiff
- Whisk the yolks, flour, baking powder and milk together until it makes a smooth batter.
- Fold the whisked egg whites together with the batter.
- Heat a large frying pan with oil and ladle in a spoon of the batter I do 2 at once in the pan.
- While the bottom side of the pancakes are cooking (30/40 seconds per side) lay the Banana or blueberries on the top uncooked side and then turn them and cook other side with fruit in it.
- Serve with golden syrup drizzled all over them! These are a really tasty family breakfast!