My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Gemma's Brand New Toddler Kitchen; Blackberry & Apple Crumble!





















It's been eight quick months since my last blog. But O boy have I been busy.....The extension FINALLY came to end and I have a super new kitchen, the last of dust has been hoovered up, all the men have gone, so has the scaffolding, we have painted, wallpapered, moved in, Ryver's name spelling changed to River, River is in his own room, he's weaned (only eats pasta!), he crawls really fast, Merina turned 4, Talullah turned 2, Merina finished pre-school for ever! My fabulous friend Fiona got married, I was bridesmaid - she was beautiful, I turned 30 - ouch, we holidayed in Menorca with three kids and actually had fun! Tallulah potty trained, Glen took me on a romantic holiday to Italy Lake Como without the kids, Merina starts BIG school one week today..................


Its nearly the end of summer or so I keep hearing.....But there is one delight at the end of summer...Blackberries. Get your kids and get outside enjoy the last warm days and pick some lovely Blackberries!

Ingredients



  • 3/4 cooking apples


  • 3 good hand fulls of Blackberries


  • 1 oz brown sugar


  • 2 oz caster sugar
    3 tbsp water


  • half vanilla pod/1 tsp vanilla extract

For the crumble;




  • 6 oz plain flour


  • 3 oz butter/Marg


  • 2 oz rolled oats


  • 1 oz caster sugar

Method



  1. Peel and chop apples to roughly the same size so they cook evenly. Soak Blackberries so any bugs or bits float out of them (only if hand Picked!)

  2. Cook apples in large pan adding brown and white sugar, vanilla, water for 10 Min's on a simmer.

  3. Meanwhile add flour, butter into a bowl and rub into breadcrumb like mixture. Then add in the oats and sugar. mix.

  4. Put the apple mixture with the blackberries into Pyrex dish top with the breadcrumb mixture.

  5. Cook at 180 c for 20/25 Min's until golden brown. Serve with cream or Custard. Mine loved it this evening for pudding even the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment