My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 14 September 2011

French toast butterfly tea





On collection from school the teacher met me with a rather worried look and asked "could I have a quick word?" All mothers will know how much dread this fills you with....what has she done now.....I thought she was good now! The teacher showed me a handful of hair and said Merina had found the scissors and had cut her own hair! Being such a girlie girl I gasped, the teacher looked even more worried, then Merina appeared. I was filled with relief she had cut the ends off each bunchy plait. So just a minor trim in fact she had done quite a good job it looked thicker! Don't ever let your guard down......even if they are now good!

So lets make tea quick and fun.....French toast butter flies are easy and look delightful I don't know who enjoyed it more me or them! serves 2.


Ingredients


  • 4 broccoli florets

  • 8 peas

  • 1 carrot

  • 2 slices of cheese

  • 2 thick slices of ham

  • 2 slices of bread

  • 1 egg

  • a little ketchup (optional)

method



  1. Each butterfly will need 4 shapes of carrot for wings and 2 mini batons of carrot for antennae. 4 mini squares of cheese for the wings. I cut them out the mini cutters. 4 peas for each wing. 2 florets of broccoli. Boil all veg together for 5 Min's.

  2. Cut the butterfly wings from the bread with a Sharpe knife. beat the egg together and soak the bread in the egg.

  3. Roll up the ham and arrange in the middle of the plates. (for change you can use a cooked sausage)

  4. Fry bread on high heat until golden brown on both sides.

  5. Assemble the butterfly, using the french toast for the wings decorating with carrot, cheese, broccoli and peas. Use blob of ketchup for the head. How pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment