Life is turning into some kind of calm after 8 months of madness with new born babies, extension, dust, workmen everywhere, and 3 children all at home. Now Merina is at school all day and lula half day at pre school. I'm cooking, cleaning, organising, able to put make up trying to look fashionable and yummy mummy ish . Time on my hands feels good!
A new thing to me is after school snacks so I'm going to do a few different ones is the coming days. This one I made up on Thursday and they both loved it with a glass of milk.
- 2/3 oz butter/marg
- 4/5 oz plain flour
- pinch of baking powder
- 2/3 oz rolled oats
- 1/2 to 3/4 jar of jam or mix 2 jams together.
- Turn on the oven to 170 c and grease a Swiss roll tin or something similar.
- In a bowl mix butter, flour, baking powder together until then form a wet breadcrumb look.
- Add oats and mix if its to dry add another scoop of butter. It needs to be a slightly wet bread crumb.
- Push 2/3 of mixture into tin with the back of a spoon. Spread across the jam. Make sure the jam is 1 cm layer all over the top. Then sprinkle over the remaining oat mixture.
- Cook for 35/ 40 Min's.
- Cut when cool. Serve. Yummy after school or weekend snack.