My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Fairy Cakes


Today I did a surprise baby shower for my super friend Hayley, she was very surprised and happy! She has three weeks to go.......!

So I spent yesterday baking fairy cakes. I'd forgotten what easy fun they are and so pretty when stacked on a cake stand. Buy cake glitter from Hobby Craft or similar craft places to make iced fairy cakes look even more pretty for birthdays or expectant mummy's!


Ingredients


  • 4 oz caster sugar

  • 4 oz butter

  • 2 eggs

  • 4 oz self raising flour

Method


  1. Pre heat the oven to 180 c.

  2. Cream the fat and sugar until pale and fluffy.

  3. Whisk in the eggs slowly until completely combined.

  4. Fold in the flour until you have a soft smooth mixture.

  5. Spoon into cup cases, prettier the better! Only 2/3 fill so when cooked they don't over flow.

  6. Cook for 10/15 minutes until golden and risen.

  7. Decorate with coloured icing and edible glitter. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment