My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday 20 October 2011

Cheats Apple Pie!






Its one day off half term and I'm so ready for it.....Its so stressful getting three kids dressed and on time for school every day. I can't wait for a week off.
My agency have called and asked me to go in to make a new model card and change my portfolio around. I love getting new pictures its so exciting! Last weeks job went really well. It was for a Vauxhall car, lots of posing in the car and pretending to press buttons and smiling, I had a model husband for the day! I decided not to go for the job that was shooting in South Africa I was worried who would look after my babes for a week!
Apple Pie my way is so easy and quick you can get it ready for the oven in less than 15 Min's.
Ingredients



1 packet puff pastry


4/5 cooking apples (get some wind falls!)


3 tbsp sugar


2 tbsp of water


1 egg beaten for the glaze.


Method


Pre heat oven to 180 c. Grease a pie tin. Peel and chop the apples. Cook them on a medium heat with the sugar and water for about 10 Min's until softish.
Meanwhile roll out the pastry until 1/2 cm thick and push into pie tin. Save a small amount of pastry for the pie lid! Trim around the tin but not to neatly.Fill the the pie with the cooked apples and roll out the remaining pastry into a round shape, lay over the top of the pie and stick it in place by brushing the egg around the rim of the pie. Fork the edge of the pastry to seal the lid and to make it look pretty! Brush the top of the pie with the egg to glaze it.
Bake for 20/25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with custard or cream! Yummy and quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment