My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Toffee Apples




Today I've been clothes shopping and bought Glen and River the same shirt....I can't wait to see them in it, thats if Glen will wear it at the same time as River, he doesn't like the matchy look...I on the other hand LOVE the matchy look!


Toffee Apples are so tasty, and good old fashioned fun, perfect for Halloween or Bonfire night. Get making them with your kids, mine loved them and so did I!

Ingredients



  • 4 apples

  • 220g Brown Sugar

  • 110ml water

  • 1tsp vinegar

  • 25g butter

  • 4 lolly sticks

  • Sprinkles (Optional)

Method



  1. Skewer the apples with the lolly sticks until a least half way through.

  2. In a saucepan on a high heat mix the sugar and water, when boiling add the vinegar and butter. Cook for 7/10 minutes until the sugar turns brown.

  3. Dip each apple into the caramel until completely coated. If you like you can roll them in the sprinkles at this point. Allow to cool, dry and harden on a baking tray. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment