My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chicken & Chorizo Kebabs

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! How much fun was the snow?! Having young children is a good excuse to go sledging, we had so much fun. I laughed out loud flying down the slopes with the girls.
I'm also decorating the play room and seriously who needs a man for DIY I have skimmed part of the wall (It actually looks OK!) I've painted and spent all day building Ikea flat pack so I'm feeling pretty dam smug right now!
I made these Chicken and Chorizo kebabs in a hurry they are so tasty and perfect for children. Its exciting for children to get something different for tea, my girls loved them especially being on a small wooden skewer. I served the kebabs on rice with sweetcorn mixed in. let me know if you make them and if its a hit with your family?!

Ingredients - for 3 children
1 chicken breast
half chorizo sausage
3 slices of chorizo

Method
Cut the chorizo and chicken into small chunks and fry them together in a frying pan for about 5/7 Min's until chicken is cooked through. (don't fry the chorizo slices I just cut it into pieces and wrapped it around the chicken chunks after.)
Skewer the chicken and chorizo onto small wooden skewers after cooking.
Frying the chicken and chorizo together means the chicken gets all the really tasty chorizo oil cooked into it.
You can add other veg to the skewers like pepper or onion.
I served the kebabs on rice mixed with sweetcorn. It was a huge hit with my 3 give it ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment