My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 13 February 2012

Stain Glass Valentines Cookies

/a>











Happy Valentines!
We sledged again I think I loved it more than the kids!
Its half term, we have been flower girl dress shopping for Merina and Tallulah who will be flower girls at their uncle Ross and Zoe's wedding in May! They were excited, naughty and spent most of the time swinging off the changing room curtains! But I now have two fabulous outfits ready for the big day.

Make your loved ones these fun stain glass effect cookies with hard boiled sweets or lolly pops crushed. They look so impressive, my girls loved making and eating them. Let me know if you make them and how they go?!

Ingredients
250g Marg
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
Crushed boiled sweets/lolly pops - a good handful
Method
Heat oven to 180c. Cream the fat and sugar until fluffy, add the egg yolk and vanilla essence mix well.
Sieve in the flour and mix until it comes into a dough you may need to get your hands into combine it. If the mixture is to wet add more flour until its forms a dough.
Roll out and cut out with cookie cutters (I used heart shape!) then cut out a smaller shape in the middle you can use a milk bottle top for the middle hole if you don't have a small cookie cutter.
Place the cookies onto a baking tray on silicone paper or grease proof paper. Sprinkle in 1 tsp of crushed sweets in the middle hole. Don't worry how lumpy or crushed up the sweets are they melt in the oven to create a stain glass effect.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 10/12 minutes until just going golden.
The cookies have to be completely cold before removing the silicone/grease proof paper I refrigerated mine on the paper for 5 Min's so the sweets completely cool then remove paper. Serve. How Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment