My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Ham and cheese muffins





I did a modelling job for a magazine last friday and I've added a couple of behind the scenes shots! I loved this sailor suit not sure where I'd wear but it looked very chic!

Muffins are easy, quick a great accompaniment to soup, lunch boxes or on there own as a after school snack! Give them a go, and let me know what you think?  The children at my cooking class loved them.


  • 225 g self raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3 slices ham
  • 75 g cheddar cheese grated
  • 50 g butter melted
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 150 ml milk

  1. Heat the oven to 200 c/ Gas 6
  2. Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
  3. Dice the ham, grate the cheese and stir into the flour.
  4. Melt the butter then beat in the egg and mix in the milk. Make a well in the flour and stir in the egg mixture and mix well.
  5. spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin filling each one 3/4 full.
  6. Bake 10/12 minutes until golden. Yum!
You can cool and freeze the muffins for up one month. Defrost them in the fridge overnight and serve them at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment