My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 26 September 2011

Chicken noodle soup toddler#recipe#crafts#cooking




Today I found Tallulah in her room putting money in her money box I asked her where had she got it from she showed me my purse! I asked if it was the first time she had emptied my purse she said no! I turned out her money box it had £15 in notes and over £30 in pound coins.....I wonder how long she has been doing it!

Chicken Noodle soup is so easy, tasty and great for left over roast chicken. Makes enough for 3/4 bowls


Ingredients


  • a good handful of left over chicken

  • 1 litre of chicken stock

  • 2 dried noodle nests

  • a cube of fresh ginger or 2 tsp of ginger powder

  • 1 onion chopped fine

  • 1 tbsp olive oil

  • salt and pepper (if you like)

  • You can add carrots, celery and fresh parsley but I like it with no thrills!

Method



  1. In a large saucepan fry the onion in the oil. Add the chicken, if its in big bits shred it and cook for 5 Min's stirring on a medium heat.

  2. Add the chicken stock and ginger. Bring to the boil then simmer.

  3. Add the noodles and stir occasionally so the noodles separate. Add the salt and pepper.

  4. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with warm bread yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment