My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tuna Flowers





Why do children wake up so early, I don't get it? When do you go from jumping out of bed at 6am to making any excuse for just another 5 minutes of laying there? I am so tired, my darling brood have me up so early. I have no idea how I still end up rushing to make it to school on time. I do a mini celebration every day for managing to get myself and 3 others dressed, fed, organised and on time everyday, I've come along way from the girl who struggled to get just myself ready!

I'm now into making food look pretty. So Ive made these tuna flowers! The girls loved them, I don't think River was as impressed by the flower shape though! Serves 3.



Ingredients




  • 6 thin slices of bread


  • 1 oz butter


  • 2 tsp flour


  • 5 tbsp milk


  • 4 tbsp of cheese


  • 1 tin of tuna drained


  • handful of veg I used carrots and tomatoes but you could use peas etc


  • cumber sliced and halved and carrot sticks


Method





  1. Pre heat oven 200 c. Either use a cookie cutter to cut the bread into flower shape or just cut a round with a sharp knife - I did this!


  2. Cook veg, I steamed mine.


  3. Melt the butter in microwave, then brush over both sides of the bread and push bread into a bun tin.


  4. Bake the bread for 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.


  5. Add the remaining butter into a saucepan and stir in the flour and milk. Mix until thickened into a paste.


  6. Stir in and heat through the tuna, cheese and cooked veg.


  7. Spoon the mixture into the bread cups.


  8. Use cut carrots sticks as the stems and the cucumber halves as the leaves! Serve. How pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment