My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 22 October 2010

Fish Fingers! #toddler #cooking #dinner

I made this tonight its such a hit I'm re-blogging it! Give it ago.

I am sooo looking forward to this weekend I've had a strange week; I didn't get a modelling job I was convinced I had booked and felt really gutted! I had totally forgotten the disappointment of this job! Then I got a really bad cold but with small children at home I have no time to rest they never let me (they make me play!!!) Then my darling baby bit into a washing up tablet and chucked up twice. I felt terrible I only turned my back for 30 seconds. Thank goodness
he was fine after chucking up. So I'm looking for a calm normal (as it gets!) weekend. TGIF, tomorrow!
Have a fabulous weekend.

This is a great toddler dinner. I often find toddlers like food that needs
dipping or handling! I make this for the whole family, I even made it for Tallulah when she was quite small its a good finger food thats not chewy! Makes 8 Fish fingers.
Ingredients
  • 2 slices of white bread but brown is fine
  • 2 haddock fillets
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley (I have a mini herb garden outside my backdoor its the handiest thing, I hardly have to water it and I have fresh herbs for free!)
  • Zest of a lemon
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 tbsp oil

Method

  1. Blend the bread, Parsley and lemon zest together until bread crumbs are fine and are green in colour!
  2. Remove the skin from the haddock fillets and cut into finger lengths about 8 in total.
  3. Roll each fish finger in flour first then the beaten egg and finally the bread crumbs.
  4. Heat oil in large saucepan and cook in batches for 3/4 minutes. Serve with peas or whatever you fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment