Thank goodness afternoon tea is back in fashion I love cakes and all things looking pretty - bring out your cake stand! This is so easy, so quick and fun to with your children and hardly any mess! This is tasty Saturday fun, and after a late night out last night with three of my oldest friends I'm looking forward to relaxing with afternoon tea! Makes about 12 tarts.
- Just roll short crust pastry
- 1/2 jar strawberry jam
- Flour to dust
- Preheat oven to 200 c. Dust the surface and roll out the pastry to about 3mm thick.
- Cut out the pastry using a pastry disc cutter and line a cup cake tin with them. Prick the bottom of each pastry disc so it doesn't rise to much. (You are meant to blind bake the pastry with baking beans in each cup so it doesn't rise - do this if you have baking beans or line each disc with grease prof paper and fill with pennies they are a good alternative or just bake them without any of this and be prepared to push the pastry back down into place!) Blind bake them for 5 minutes.
- I also baked some smaller discs to put on the top of tarts at the end do this if you like!
- Fill each tart with 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam.
- Bake again for 5 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack and you can now push in the smaller discs if you made them I did little hearts!
- Best served warm! Now all you need is a cup of tea! Enjoy!