Today was Merina's pre school Christmas party, she and Lula had so much fun. Father Christmas came and gave presents, Merina asked him if his beard was real and another boy tried to give it a pull!
My friend asked me about vegetarian dishes and this one my Mum used to cook when me and my brother were kids, even he liked it and hes a big meat eater!
- 1 onion
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 oz red split lentils (use which ever you like but these need no soaking)
- 2 field mushrooms
- 2/3 medium potatoes pealed and sliced
- 1/4 pint of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
For the topping
- 2 eggs
- 5/6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 oz grated cheese
- Slice all the vegetables thinly and then layer them in a oven Prof dish (I use a lasagna dish) Put the lentils in the middle of the vegetable layers. Peal and slice the potatoes and top the dish with them.
- Mix the tomato puree in with the vegetable stock and pour over the vegetables. Crack salt and pepper over.
- Cook in the oven at 180/Gas 4 for 30 minutes until vegetables and potatoes are cooked.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs, yogurt and cheese together and pour over the potatoes covering completely.
- Cook for a further 10/15 minutes until the topping is set and golden.
- Serve on its own or with some bread to mop up the sauce (I do Glen a few sausages top go with this as he is such a meat eater!)