My photo
10 years on and I'm still enjoying modelling. With four adorable children 5 and under to feed - not forgetting a very hungry husband as well - making quick healthy tasty food means I can balance my work and home life....that's the plan anyway!! I'm happy to share my tried and tested favourite recipes with other parents. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do..... Love Gemma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 19 March 2012

Easter nests and tree

Easter Fun With Your Kids – My kids love Easter: they love egg hunts, baking, decorating eggs, Easter hats. Celebrate and getting involved!

Easter Tree

  • Easy to make, looks very pretty and is loads of fun! You will need:
  • A twig/small branch - I have a twisted hazel tree in my garden but you can use any small branch with lots of twigs!
  • Oasis - squeeze it into a pretty vase/bowl + secure - push the branch into the oasis.
  • Decorate the tree with small coloured eggs, chicks and ribbons! My children painted hollowed out eggs then I attached ribbon and hung!

Easter Crispie Nests

  • 1oz butter
  • 1 rounded tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp golden syrup
  • 125 g rice crispies
  • 225g mini eggs
  • 18 paper cases

Melt butter, sugar and syrup slowly in a large pan, boil for 1 min. When melted stir in crispies making sure they are all coated. Divide between the cases, make a hollow in the centre with back of spoon. Leave to cool then add the mini eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment